ACCEPTING SEPARATED RECYCLABLE MATERIALS AND MUNICIPAL SOLID WASTE STARTING JANUARY 2, 2020
|Contact:||Bruce Hewitt, Solid Waste Supervisor|
|Address:||100 Recycle Way|
Gilford, NH 03249
|Hours of Operation:||Tuesday - Saturday - 8:00 AM to 3:45 PM|
CLOSED - SUNDAYS, MONDAYS AND HOLIDAYS
Welcome and thank you for visiting the new Recycle Right website for Gilford residents! This page will post flyers and helpful information to residents on how to “Recycle Right”. The goal of this website is to provide public information on what materials should be sorted at the new facility. We recommend you print the flyers below and post them on your fridge.
Please contact us with any questions at DPW 527-4778 or the Solid Waste Center 293-0220. You can also email Bruce Hewitt, Solid Waste Supervisor at email@example.com. We understand this is a new facility with new rules and we are here to help in any way that we can. Thank you for your patience during construction and moving forward as we all adjust to the new facility.
LIST OF ACCEPTABLE MATERIALS AT GILFORD SOLID WASTE CENTER
- Separated Recyclables
- Household Trash
- Yard Waste
- Universal Waste
- Bulky Items
** Some items may require a fee for disposal. Please CLICK HERE for current Fee Schedule.
PRINTABLE FLYERS FOR HOME
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE
- Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) consists of unwanted homeowner products that have the same qualities as a hazardous waste such as paint (solvent based), cleaners, pesticides, lubricants, drain cleaners and fertilizers.
- HHW should NOT go in your household trash. It must be handled separately.
- The Lakes Region Planning Commission holds two events in the summer, typically the last Saturday in July (in Gilford) and first Saturday in August (in Laconia) where you can dispose of your HHW for free.
- The Lakes Region Household Hazardous Product Facility accepts HHW for a fee and is open 8:30-12:00 from May – October. They are located at 404 Beach Pond Road in Wolfboro, NH and their phone number is 603-569-5826. CLICK HERE for a flyer from their facility.
- The Town of Goffstown, NH runs a year round HHW program at their Transfer Station where you can dispose of your HHW for a fee. Call (603) 497-4824, Tues – Sat 7:30-3:00, to make an appointment.
- For any other question on how to handle your HHW, please contact Bruce Hewitt at 293-0220 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please CLICK HERE for pricing associated with disposal of items at the Gilford Solid Waste Center (GSWC).
DID YOU KNOW
- Daily passes are no longer needed at the Gilford Solid Waste Center (GSWC) unless a resident is using another person’s vehicle for transportation of bulky items. In those cases, the resident should come to the DPW at 55 Cherry Valley Road, to obtain a daily pass at no cost.
- Fluorescent bulbs and Non alkaline batteries can be dropped off at the GSWC anytime during regular business hours.
- Used motor oil can be dropped off to the Public works garage anytime during regular business hours.
- The Town of Gilford does not provide pick up service for bulky waste, such as furniture, appliances, yard waste, Christmas trees, etc. These items must be brought to the GSWC. For a full list of items which CAN be brought to the GSWC CLICK HERE. Some items may require a disposal fee.
OTHER RELATED RESOURCES
RECYCLE RIGHT GILFORD LIBRARY PRESENTATION:
(CLICK HERE for the attached power point slides that go along with the presentation)