Planning and Land Use Department

Planning and Land Use Department

Phone: (603) 527-4727

Fax: (603) 527-4731

47 Cherry Valley Road
Gilford, NH 03249

Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00AM to 4:30PM

Additional Information and Resources

ATTENTION: We do not accept any emailed applications at this time.

Please submit all applications by mail, in-person or in the town hall drop box.

The Gilford Department of Planning and Land Use (DPLU) provides services to the community for building permits and inspections, planning and zoning and code enforcement.  The staff provides support to the Planning Board, the Zoning Board of Adjustment (which also functions as the Board of Building Appeals), the Conservation Commission, and the Historic District and Heritage Commission.  The department maintains a file for each property with documents covering the development history of each lot in matters such as subdivisions, site plans, and building permits.  
When you want to install a fence, build a new house, open a business, make an addition, install a swimming pool, work in or near a wetland area, or have concerns about possible violations of zoning regulations, DPLU is the place to contact.  DPLU staff is also responsible for maintenance and updates of the Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision and Site Plan Review Regulations, and the Master Plan.  For further information, click on the buttons in the table above, or you may call or email the department using the contact information provided.

Code Enforcement

Gilford’s Code Enforcement Officer works in the Department of Planning and Land Use.  Code enforcement covers enforcement of state and local building codes and zoning ordinance regulations.  If you have a question or a concern about code enforcement in Gilford, you may call the Department of Planning and Land Use at (603) 527-4727.